Wednesday, June 09, 2004

The problem with Digital Cameras

I was out at a club on Saturday night for a friend's birthday. One of her
friends had a tiny digital camera and was using it to take pictures. I was
in a bunch of pictures and realized that with a digital camera, you can't
really make funny faces.

With the old traditional film camera, you could make a funny face. No one
would know until they got the film back from the developer. Now, if you
make a funny face, then people know right away. You can no longer get away
with this type of behavior.

I hadn't been clubbing in quite a while before saturday night. I kind of
remember why, and here are the reasons.
1. I don't dance. Well, actually, I don't dance very well. My friends
mock my lack of rhythm.
2. I don't like crowds. It's not so much that I don't like other people.
Yes, I guess it is true that at clubs in the city, there is an inordinate
amount of the B&T crowd. Not that there is anything wrong with living in
places such as New Jersey or Staten Island (mmm smells like landfills). My
point is that the clubs are crowded and I get pushed and bumped and I don't
like that.
3. Lines. Lines suck. Lines at the door, lines at the bar, lines at the
bathroom, lines at the coat check (thank goodness it is summer so I don't
have to check my coat).
4. Bouncers. Rude rude rude. Ego trip.

No comments: